We’re a little late to the party but have decided to take the Annual Pet Blogging Challenge. I (Dee aka, the human) thought it would be a good motivator for the rest of the year.
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone stopping by for the first time, please give us a quick description of what your blog is about.: Over 6 years! Ludo posted his first post on blogger on 24/07/2008. In its current Seaside Shelties form, where we (2 dogs and me, Dee) are all supposed to share the blog, a year and a bit. It’s about two Shetland Sheepdogs called Ludo and Arran and mostly focuses on exploring and showing off our local area in the North of England. It is usually narrated by Ludo.
2. Tell us one thing that you accomplished on your blog during 2014 that made you proud: Well, of course it has to be being selected to blog from Crufts in March, it was a bit of a daunting experience for me but I loved it and I wore my ‘press’ badge with pride. Haha!
3. What lessons have you learned this year – from other blogs, or through your own experience – that could help us all with our own blogs? Just keep plugging away. Sometimes if I haven’t posted for a while it’s hard to get back into the swing and it feels really daunting, but just post anyway! Also, don’t let your blog reader stress you out. It’s great to read other blogs and I really enjoy it, but the reader number soon adds up and can act as a deterrent to your own blogging, people/dogs understand if you can’t comment on every post they do.
4. What have you found to be the most successful way to bring traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content? Well, my highest traffic areas were when I live blogged from Crufts, so I guess blogging about topics that have a broad appeal and are current will help, also, see if others will share your posts, as the kennel club did with us on their facebook page.
5. What was your most popular blog post this year? Did it surprise you that it was your most popular? It was about the dog dancing at Crufts. I guess it did surprise me as it is a very niche thing and also, a little bit sad because of course the boys should be getting the most views! 😉 The second highest after Crufts was ‘Scamp Attack!‘ which was a small fun post.
6. What was your favorite blog post to write this year? Probably a simple one like Helping or the Going to Crufts one, I love all the great scenery pics that I usually feature, but it’s fun to show the dog’s personalities off indoors too.
7. Has your policy on product reviews and/or giveaways changed this year? I don’t really do them, early on I did one but I’ve said no since.
If you do reviews, what do you find works best, and what doesn’t work at all? N/A
If you don’t do reviews, is this something you’d like to do more of? What hurdle is getting in your way? Not being asked to do things we would be interested in is the main hurdle and my limited blogging time means I wouldn’t want to use it up on reviews.
8. What’s your best piece of advice for other bloggers? Have fun with it and do it for you. I still get great enjoyment from reading back through the blog and remembering things I’d almost forgotten we did. As other’s have said, getting involved in the community is the most amazing thing and I have met some friends for life, albeit virtually, through blogging.
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2015? Blog more! Get the average up to 2 posts a month. Borrow the blog from Ludo more so that I can have some opinions too. I also want to try scheduling posts. I’ve still got things to post about from the beginning of 2014 that need writing up and I think scheduling might be the key to that.
10. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be? I don’t suppose they can give me more free time can they? Hehe! But I would like to let them know that me and the boys love them and our wonderful blogging community and I hope in 2015 we get to visit more of their blogs. As a question it would be what would they like to see on the blog?
P.s. Thanks to How Sam See’s It blog for posting theirs and reminding me to enter.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…